About the NPTA
The National Pest Technicians Association is an organisation run by pest control technicians, for the benefit of other pest control technicians - and their customers.
- We help potential customers of pest control services find properly trained and insured pest controllers near them.
- We audit Members wishing to become part of our elite 'Accredited Member' category, for those customers looking for the highest class of service.
- We work with other similar organisations, such as the BPCA and the CIEH, to try to influence Government thinking on key issues affecting the industry.
- We work with UK Government Departments and other NGOs whose work affects the pest control industry, as well as international pest control organisations.
- We work with all the major manufacturers of pest control products, helping them keep our Members informed of the latest advances in pest control technology.
- We endeavour to keep our Members informed of changes in the industry through our quarterly magazines 'Today's Technician' and through this website.
- We are available to our Members for advice and help on technical, business and administration issues.
- We run many training and social events around the country, including the immensely popular annual 'PestTech' conference and exhibition.
Management board members
John Davison, Chief Executive
Founder member, director and editor of Today's Technician. In the industry for over 30 years and a keen supporter of the Industry.
Adam Hawley, Chairman
16 years in the industry and Managing Director of a National Company specialising in BRC food industry and Healthcare sector Pest Control
Iain Turner, Editor & Promotions Officer
Currently a technician with 40 years' experience working in different parts of the industry.
Neil Barnett is self employed pest technician dealing mainly in urban pest control. For the NPTA one of his main duties is helping and mentoring members who are new to the pest control industry.
Sabra is the latest member of the NPTA Board joining in January 2014. Sabra works for Killgerm Group in the role of Marketing & Public Affairs Director. Having worked in the Pest Control industry for 17 years, she sits on the NPAP panel and Basis Prompt
Involved in wildlife management since being a youngster and specialising in Bird and Wildlife Management. I would like to see more wildlife training brought into the Pest Industry.
20+ years as a Pest Technician for Amber Valley Borough Council including 5 years as a supervisor. Rabbit control for British Rail using ferrets and nets. Member of the NPTA shortly after its launch and later as a Director. Now semi retired.
With over 12 years experience working in different aspects of the pest control industry, Trevor is the managing director of Complete Pest Control in Ireland since 2008. He also part of the CRRU taskforce in Ireland.
Retired Environmental Health Officer with local authorities specialising in Teaching food safety and food hygiene (Level 2 and 3) and Health & Safety (level 2). Career involvement with Pest Management.
Julie started with the NPTA in 1996 and has helped the NPTA go from strength to strength. Julie manages the office as well as organising the training days and PestTech.
Donna joined the NPTA in 2012 to help Julie in the office. Donna always provides a friendly voice at the end of the phone when members ring NPTA House.