Salary: £24,030 – £25,809
Grade: Scale 5 plus weekend and bank holiday standby/call out payments for stray dog rota participation.
Hours per Week: 36 hour per week,
Nature of Employment: Permanent
DBS Required: Basic DBS required
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
About the Team
The Pest Control Service is part of the Animal Control Team and it provides commercial pest control services to residents and businesses across the Borough. We also provide services under contract to the Council’s tenants and this includes block control programmes for rodent and insect problems where necessary. The service is not funded from Council tax and is self-funding by offering effective and value for money services to our clients.
1. To provide safe and effective pest control services to all of the service’s clients.
2. To ensure that all necessary records and reports of work conducted are completed.
3. To ensure that all income from work carried out can be properly collected by completing work and records within targets.
4. To investigate reports of pest activity at premises or on land and to identify pests present, factors affecting infestation, and potential remedies.
1. Good verbal and written skills with the ability to explain complex or technical matters to clients.
2. Ability to manage own workload and complete work within deadlines.
3. Ability to investigate pest issues with analytical skills to determine potential points of entry or other factors influencing the infestation.
4. Ability to work as part of a team.
Essential for The Role
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact email@example.com or 020 8583 5090
To apply please visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/jobs
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 2nd September 2019
Closing date 16 August 2019