The UK Government has now announced a relaxation to the current lockdown rules issued a 50 page document (View Document) setting out guidelines for businesses and the public due to the ongoing corona virus pandemic. The main points are as follows
- Clinically vulnerable people should remain at home.
- Anyone showing symptoms however mild, should continue to self-isolate at home.
- For the foreseeable future, workers should continue to work from home rather than their normal physical workplace, wherever possible.
- All workers who cannot work from home should travel to work if their workplace is open.
- The Government is now advising that people should aim to wear a face-covering in enclosed spaces where social distancing is not always possible and when they come into contact with others that they do not normally meet.
- The Government is examining more stringent enforcement measures for non-compliance, as it has seen in many other countries.
- The Government will impose higher fines to reflect the increased risk to others of breaking the rules, as people are returning to work and school.
In effect, businesses should produce risk assessments to protect their staff and others that they come into contact with.